If you are looking for a great new dinner idea, this Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken is the recipe for you. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s fairly easy to make as well (thanks to our wonderful slow cooker!)
How to Make Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
This recipe is best made with chicken thighs that still have the bone in and the skin on. You’ll also need French dressing, dry onion soup and apricot jam. That’s all there is to this recipe. Simple isn’t it?
Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker and mix together the other ingredients to form a sauce. Once ready, pour the sauce over the chicken thighs, ensuring you cover them completely.
Now depending on how quickly you want this to be ready, you can either cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
When ready, your chicken should be well cooked and fall off the bone tender. Serve over a bed of rice with a bit of sauce over the rice as well for extra flavor, if desired.
The Fast & Slow Team
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 4 hours
- Main Course
- 6 thighs
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 6-8 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup French dressing or Russian Dressing
- one 1 ounce package dry onion soup mix
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs, covering completely
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-8.
- Remove and serve with some sauce drizzled over top of the chicken.
- Calories include ALL of the sauce, so are inaccurate
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.