This Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup Recipe will make everyone at the dinner table happy when it’s suppertime! This recipe is large enough for leftovers the next day – if you can resist eating two bowls!
Easy Crockpot Macaroni Hamburger Soup
This has become a new favourite to make in our slow cooker! I love a good hamburger soup, but adding noodles to it turns this into a really hearty meal. On it’s own hamurger soup is filling but once you get those elbow macaroni noodles in there, you almost have a plate of pasta!
Which Crockpot should I use to Make Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup?
For this recipe, we recommend a 6-8 quart oval shaped crockpot (slow cooker) such as the one pictured below. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, this one affords the right amount of space for just the right amount of food. This is a large capacity crockpot at 8 quarts – if you are serious about slow cooking then this baby is affordable, has amazing reviews and is beautiful!
You can easily find this crockpot on Amazon here if you currently don’t own one and would like to purchase it.
Our top 3 Crockpot accessories that are worth the money
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (Pack of 8)
- Non-Stick Roasting Rack for Oval 6×9 Crockpots
- Meat Shredding Claws for Pulled Pork, etc.
Tips for Making the Best Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup
- Use your favourite frozen vegetable mix, I happen to love the one with lima beans! You an use just peas and carrots, just corn and carrots, really this is such an an easy soup to customize that you really can’t go wrong with any choices!
- The tomato soup is what gives this classic soup that really retro taste like what your Mom or Grandma used to make. If you don’t want to use it, you can add a can of diced tomatoes and a little extra salt instead.
- You can definitely sub in ground turkey for the meat if you want!
- This is an easy recipe to double if you have a very large capacity crockpot!
- This is a hit at parties, make it and let guests help themselves!
Hope you enjoy the slow cooker macaroni hamburger soup!
Don’t forget to follow Fast and Slow Cooking on Facebook
If you are on Twitter, give us a follow @FastandSlowCook
Join us here on Instagram as well! Check out our other website, The Kitchen Magpie Low Carb!
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes or Soups Boards!
Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup Recipe
This easy to make macaroni hamburger soup has been a dinnertime staple for decades now!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 hours
- Total Time
- 8 hours 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Karlynn Johnston
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups strong beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
Fry the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and fry until brown. Drain the fat and place in the bottom of a crockpot.
Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables, sugar and pepper.
Simmer on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10.
Right before serving, cook the macaroni to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and add to the hamburger soup.
Remove the bay leaves. Ladle into bowls and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.