This Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup Recipe will make everyone at the dinner table happy when it’s suppertime! This recipe is large enough for leftovers the next day – if you can resist eating two bowls!
For a delicious stove top version of this soup, try this macaroni hamburger soup!
Easy Crockpot Macaroni Hamburger Soup
This has become a new favorite to make in our slow cooker! I love a good hamburger soup, but adding noodles to it turns this into a really hearty meal. On its own hamburger soup is filling but once you get those elbow macaroni noodles in there, you almost have a plate of pasta!
Which Crockpot should I use to Make Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup?
For this recipe, we recommend the following slow cookers. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, these ones afford the right amount of space for just the right amount of food.
Tips for Making the Best Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup
- Use your favourite frozen vegetable mix, I happen to love the one with lima beans! You an use just peas and carrots, just corn and carrots, really this is such an an easy soup to customize that you really can’t go wrong with any choices!
- The tomato soup is what gives this classic soup that really retro taste like what your Mom or Grandma used to make. If you don’t want to use it, you can add a can of diced tomatoes and a little extra salt instead.
- You can definitely sub in ground turkey for the meat if you want!
- This is an easy recipe to double if you have a large crockpot.
- This is a hit at parties, make it and let guests help themselves!
Hope you enjoy the slow cooker macaroni hamburger soup!
The Fast and Slow Cooking Team
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes or Soups Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Slow Cooker Macaroni Hamburger Soup Recipe
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 hours
- Total Time
- 8 hours 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups strong beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- Fry the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and fry until brown. Drain the fat and place in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables, sugar and pepper.
- Simmer on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10.
- Right before serving, cook the macaroni to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and add to the hamburger soup.
- Remove the bay leaves. Ladle into bowls and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.