Fall off the bone Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken that is juicy and delicious and the best part is that you can cook it while you are at work and come home to an amazing meal! You can also try my Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken thighs for another all-day recipe!
Make Delicious Rotisserie Chicken in your Crockpot
This Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken is the perfect meal. Simply start it in the morning and let it cook all day in your slow cooker and at the end of your day, you’ve got a meal fit for a king! It tastes great and saves you running to the store for a last-minute dinner for you and/or your family.
Why Make Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken instead of simply buying one?
- Simply put, it’s a set it and forget it kind of recipe. The ability to toss this together in the morning (or the night before) and have it ready just in time for dinner is priceless.
- This one tastes just like store bought rotisserie chicken and it’s a no mess, single pot dish which saves you time and money.
- The crockpot keeps the chicken nice and juicy without drying it out.
Best Slow Cookers
Tips and Tricks for Making the Amazing Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 lb whole fryer chicken works best for this recipe.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 450 degree to crisp up the skin, watching carefully.
- When applying the spices, if it’s too dry, add small amounts of oil until you get a good spreading consistency.
- Do NOT skip trussing the chicken or it will fall apart in the crockpot.
The Fast and Slow Team
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 hours 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 hours 30 minutes
- Main Course
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 4 lbs fryer chicken
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Truss with or without string. (do NOT skip this step or it will fall apart in the crockpot)
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until it forms a paste. If it’s too dry, add small amounts of oil until you get a good spreading consistency.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken, inside and out., making sure not to tear the skin.
- Wad up 4-5 balls of tinfoil and place the chicken, breast up, on top of the foil.
- Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- When the thigh area has reached a minimum of 185 degrees, carefully remove from the crockpot and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes in a 450 degree oven to crisp up the skin, watching carefully.
- Remove and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.