There’s nothing like coming home to a nice and juicy Crockpot Chicken, especially when it’s Honey Garlic! This recipe is one that is sure to make your family beg you to make it again and again. It’s a super easy way to make a hearty meal with just a few ingredients.
Love your slow cooker? Try our Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs or our Crockpot Calico Beans.
Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables is going to be a new favorite!
Prepare by chopping 2 – 4 cups of carrots, peeling and chopping 4 cups of potatoes to be placed into your crockpot with your chicken. You’ll be pouring the honey garlic sauce over everything so keep that in mind. Of course, you can substitute any vegetables you wish, these are just suggestions.
How do I get Crispy Chicken if I cook this in a slow cooker?
If you want your chicken to get nice and crispy, remove the ceramic insert and place it in the oven on broil until the skins crisps up. Be careful to keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn or blacken, however.
Which Crockpot should I use for this recipe?
For this recipe, we recommend using one of the slow cookers below. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, these ones affords the right amount of space for just the right amount of food.
Best Slow Cookers
Tips and Tricks
- A whole frying chicken is recommended for this recipe. These are usually the best because they are typically small enough to fit into your slow cooker but also because they are big enough to feed a family of four (when cooked with vegetables, that is).
- Once you remove your chicken from the crockpot when it’s finished, place it in your oven on broil for a few minutes to crisp up the skin, if desired.
- If you wish to thicken the honey garlic sauce after cooking everything, simply drain the juices into a pot and bring to a boil on the stove whisking in some cornstarch.
How to make the Honey Garlic Sauce for your Crockpot Chicken
To get started making the honey garlic sauce, you’ll need the following ingredients (The instructions are also included in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post for your convenience):
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of liquid honey
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
Whisk all of these ingredients together in a bowl and set aside for later. To thicken the sauce, follow the instructions in the Tips and Tricks section above.
We hope you like this recipe as much as we do. Be sure to leave a comment and let us know what you think!
The Fast & Slow Team.
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Crockpot Chicken – Honey Garlic Version
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 hours 19 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 hours 39 minutes
- Main Course
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 whole chicken 3-4 lbs, trussed
- 4 cups potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2-4 cups carrots chopped
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place the potatoes into your slow cooker. Arrange the chicken on top, making sure that the lid will still fit. You might have to shift vegetables around to do so.
- Place the carrots on top.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, then pour over the chicken.
- Place the lid on top (using tinfoil between to seal if wanted) and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 5-6.
- Remove the inner liner and broil the chicken under your oven broiler until it browns up – this gives it that slight ” burnt sugar” taste with the honey garlic. Slight. Don’t burn it!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag us @fastandslowcooking or hashtag it #fastandslowcooking.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip