We are huge fans of mushrooms here on F&S and this Creamy Mushroom Round Steak is one heck of a delicious mushroom based recipe that you are sure to love if you feel the same way. It’s slow cooking, filling and full of hearty mushroom flavor.
How to Make Slow Cooker Round Steak in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
To make this is pretty straight forward, thanks to the slow cooker. Place the mushrooms and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Place the steaks on top and arrange some vegetables on top.
Whisk the soups and water together until everything is creamy and then pour over the steaks and vegetables and place the lid on the slow cooker.
Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or until the steaks pull apart easily with a fork. Remove the steaks and whisk the mushrooms and onions together to form a gravy and serve over the beef.
You can also serve the entire thing over something simple like mashed potatoes if you like.
The Fast & Slow Team
Make sure to pin this to your SLOW COOKER RECIPES boards and follow us on Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Mushroom Round Steak
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 hours
- Main Course
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 4 round steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- one 454 grams package of white or cremini mushrooms
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- one 1 ounce package dry onion soup mix
- two 10.75 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- Place the mushrooms and onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil it. Place the steaks in and brown on all sides in the hot oil. Place into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the soups and the water until as smooth as possible ( it usually is chunky a bit, that’s ok!) Pour over the steaks and vegetables and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low until the steaks pull apart easily when touched with a fork.
- Remove and plate. Whisk together the mushrooms and onions and drippings to make a gravy. Serve over the beef.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.