Are you looking for an easy way to make hard boiled eggs without the frustration? Then you absolutely must try our air fryer hard “boiled” eggs. We’ve put a ton of work into providing options for all kinds of levels here including soft boiled!
How to Make Air Fryer Hard “Boiled” Eggs
I know, I know. They aren’t boiled but since people tend to search for this term, I’m calling them hard boiled.
To prepare these, place your eggs in the air fryer basket, close the air fryer and cook at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 15 minutes.
If you like your eggs a little bit firmer, we’ve made this handy chart to make things easier.
- 15 minutes- harder to peel. Center is softer, right between hard and soft boiled.
- 16 minutes – peeled perfectly. Center is pretty cooked.
- 17 minutes – peeled perfectly. Center is perfect for egg salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, etc.
- 18 minutes – harder to peel. White is as hard as rocks. Bet the egg would bounce but didn’t try it. (I regret that I didn’t.) Center is dry, but not grey.
Once you’ve finished cooking the eggs, remove them and immediately place them into an ice water bath. Make sure the eggs are covered entirely. Let them cool a bit and then peel (if you are eating right away, if not do not peel).
Place unpeeled eggs in an air tight container in the fridge and eat within 3-4 days.
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
The Fast & Slow Cooking Team
PIN this recipe to your Air Fryer Recipes Board & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Prep Time
- 2 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- air fryer
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 6 eggs large
- Preheat your air fryer at 250°F for 2-3 minutes if needed. Some models don’t need preheating, you’ll have to check your manual.
- Place 6-8 eggs into your air fryer basket, leaving space between them. Place the basket into the air fryer.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes depending on level of doneness desired. Remove and place in ice bath to cool.
- Peel and enjoy (if eating right away) or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.