Air fryer hamburgers are a fantastic way to make homemade burghers when you can’t get the grill fired up! The outside is slightly crisped up, just like a good grilled burger but the inside is tender and juicy!
Homemade Air Fryer Hamburgers
While you certainly can make frozen hamburgers in this (see below for instructions) homemade hamburger patties are so easy to make that you don’t have to use frozen ones from the store.
You are only 5 ingredients away from the most delicious homemade hamburger patties ever!
How to Make Juicy Burgers
There are a couple of tips for juicy burgers!
- Don’t overwork or overmix the ground beef and ingredients
- Try to use cold hands! Run them under cold water before you shape the patties
- Use a small container to shape the burgers and a potato masher to keep those hot hands off of the mixture and to avoid overmixing
How Many Burgers Fit in an Air Fryer?
We make fabulous 1/4 pound burgers so these large and in charge patties fit four into our Air Fryer.
We use a Gourmia 6 quart air fryer and they fit perfectly as you can see.
Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
While you can certainly do frozen burgers in the air fryer, I can guarantee you that they won’t taste as good as these homemade ones. BUT we don’t all have time to make everything from scratch all the time, right?
To cook frozen, you’ll need to place the patties in and cook for about 10 minutes per side at around 380°F. Keep in mind that this temperature can vary depending on a number of factors such as the type of air fryer, the size of the burgers, etc but it’s a reasonable starting point. Cook for 10 minutes, check the temperature and flip. Stop cooking when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F which is considered safe for ground beef.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try our Air Fryer Kale Chips or Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Make sure to pin this to your AIR FRYER RECIPES boards and follow us on Pinterest!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 24 minutes
- Main Course
- air fryer
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1 large egg beaten well
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 slices bacon raw and diced
- sliced tomatoes
- cheese slices
- sliced fresh onion
- cooked bacon slices
- ketchup, mustard, mayo
- Place the ground beef, shredded cheese, egg, onion powder and bacon into a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently work the mixture together with your hands, trying not to overwork the mixture or heat it with your hands. Cold hands are best!
- Form two evenly sized logs with the beef mixture and then cut each in half. Take these halves and form into loose balls.
- In a small tupperware container or something similarly sized, put one ball of ground beef. Using a potato masher, press down to form the beef to the patty sized container (again, do so loosely).
- Flip the container and push out the patty onto a baking sheet. Repeat the process until you have four 1/4 pound patties formed.
- Place each patty in the air fryer basket, with space between each.
- Start the air fryer at 370 °F for approximately 12 minutes. When complete, flip the patties and cook for another 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove, add to bun, add toppings of choice and enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag us @fastandslowcooking or hashtag it #fastandslowcooking.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip