Looking for an excellent chicken stock to use in your soups? This Slow Cooker Chicken Stock makes excellent use of your leftover chicken bones / carcasses, turning them into a delicious stock you can freeze or use for soups!
Use this stock in our delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup for an amazing soup you'll definitely love!
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
To make this slow cooker chicken stock, break apart the chicken carcass first and then fit everything into the slow cooker. Remove all of the skin and fatty parts otherwise the stock may turn up a bit greasy. If you have any leftover meat, hold onto it to use with chicken soup down the road.
Place everything into the slow cooker. If you have leafy pieces of celery stalks, include those as well as they boost the flavor of this stock nicely.
Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours (or even better, cook it overnight) until the chicken bones are starting to break down. The meat should be falling off the bone and the broth should look cloudy.
Remove the carcass and vegetables from the slow cooker and then strain the remainder through a fine mesh strainer to remove any pieces of chicken, bone, etc. Store in a sealable container in the fridge or an air tight container in the freezer. See the recipe card below for storage times.
Hope you like this recipe! If you do, try using this stock in our homemade Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup for one of the best tasting soups you'll ever enjoy.
The Fast & Slow Team.
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 hours
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 chicken carcass cleaned of skin fat and meat
- 1 large white or yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large stalks celery
- 1-2 tablespoons salt
- 5 peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley or 2 tsp dry
- water to top
- Break the chicken carcass apart at the joints where you can, in order to be able to fit it into the slow cooker. Remove all the skin and fatty parts as well, save any extra meat for later use.
- Place the chicken pieces into a the slow cooker. Add the onion, the carrots and the celery stalks ( if you have the leafy tops those are amazing for flavour, add them in!) .
- Add in the salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, fresh parsley, and then cover the turkey with water, just to the top of it.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or overnight) until the chicken bones are starting to break down, the meat is falling off the bone and the broth is looking cloudy.
- Remove the carcass from the soup pot carefully and set aside. Strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer then place in another pot.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 days, or freeze in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.