Yes, you can make Jiffy cornbread in the air fryer! We love nothing better than a good Jiffy cornbread to go with our favorite stews and soups!
If you love cornbread, try this Jiffy corn casserole for a great side dish using boxed Jiffy!
Air Fryer Cornbread
Sure, you can make cornbread in the oven just as easily as you can in the air fryer, but we consider this something that is perfect for summertime baking! You still want your cornbread with ribs and other BBQ foods, but no one wants to turn on the oven when it’s hot in the house. This is the perfect way to make cornbread without heating up the house!
Other than making sure it’s cooked in the very center (that’s the air fryer weak point) you can make a delicious cornbread SO easily!
All you have to do it mix together the ingredients that we are going to add to the Jiffy mix. We do find that it isn’t sweet enough for us, so we add sugar, we add sour cream for moisture and then butter! SO good!
Once it is completely mixed, making sure that it’s fully incorporated, spoon it out into a well-greased 8 inch round cake pan. Make sure that the batter is in an even layer.
Then, it’s time to bake!
Preheat your Air Fryer if it’s a model that needs preheating. Then place your cornbread into the basket in the middle. You can see that there is plenty of room around the sides for air circulation. You don’t want to take up the entire space in your air fryer basket.
Bake until it’s golden brown and completely cooked in the middle. Check with a toothpick in the very center as that is the last place to cook!
Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
The Fast and Slow Cooking Team
PIN this recipe to your Air Fryer Recipes Board & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Jiffy Cornbread in the Air Fryer
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar if you like a sweeter cornbread
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- Mix together the butter, sour cream and add sugar.
- Add in the eggs, beating in completely.
- Stir in the box of Jiffy mix. Mix now until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spread the mixture out in the pan in an even layer.
- If needed, preheat your air fryer to 320 °F. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and baked through. You MUST check the very middle with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean! The middle is where it cooks last!
- Remove and slice and serve.
- If you want a plainer cornbread leave out the sugar
- You can also omit the corn if desired
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.