This Crock pot Hamburger Soup is probably my favorite soup to make in a slow cooker! It’s so easy that everyone in the family can make it, from the kids to adults! ( I suggest the kids make it though, it’s a great cooking learning experience!)
Hamburger Soup in the Crock Pot is winner winner soup for dinner!
Hamburger soup is probably one of the most requested soups in households today. This soup has been made for decades upon decades now and is a staple for many families. It helps Mom and Dad get a hearty, healthy dinner on the table fast! And we all know that we need fast recipes during our busy week. This recipe is large enough that you will have leftovers for everyone’s lunches the next day which is always a really important deciding factor in what I make for dinner during the week. You get supper AND lunch, which is perfect.
Wait, Did You Say Hamburger Soup is Healthy?
First of all, lean ground beef that is cooked and then has the fat drained and rinsed off is chock full of protein and iron! Don’t discount a meal as being healthy just because it has ground beef! Rinsing the extra fat away is a trick that my friend’s mom taught me in high school when she was on Weight Watchers. You would be shocked at how many calories and fat you rinse down the drain! Then you look at all the healthy vegetables and you have a solid meal.
As a result, you can use ground beef almost guilt-free!
Tips and Tricks
- Use lean ground beef and like I mention if you are worried about the fat simply rinse it off with hot water. Works like a charm!
- Ground turkey will also work in this recipe and then you have turkey hamburger soup! Just as good!
- To save yourself time, use the mixed frozen vegetables mix. It’s fast and easy!
Enjoy and happy cooking!
The Fast and Slow Team
PIN this recipe to your Slow Cooker Recipes or Soups Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Crock Pot Hamburger Soup
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 hours
- Total Time
- 8 hours 15 minutes
- Slow Cooker
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 20 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups strong beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 dash white sugar if your tomatoes are acidic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fry the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and fry until brown. Drain the fat and place in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables and pepper.
- Simmer on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10.
- Remove the bay leaves. Ladle into bowls and serve!
- Adjust the type of vegetables used as you see fit!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.