This Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is a super fast way to make the classic soup! You usually make it on the stove top or in the slow cooker but thanks to the invention of the Instant Pot you can use your favourite pressure cooker to whip it up fast!
Make Fast and Easy Hamburger Soup in the Instant Pot
This Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is perfect for when you have come home at the end of the day and have no idea what to make for dinner. Hey, it happens to me all the time! Thanks to pressure cooking we can now whip up soups lickety split fast and have them ready for dinner by the time everyone changes out of work clothes and washes up for supper.
Why Make Instant Pot Hamburger Soup and not on the Stove Top?
- Because of 6 words my friends : You Don’t Have To Watch it. Let’s face it, when’s the last time that you went upstairs for 20 minutes and didn’t run down to stir the soup? This is the reason that I love my Instant Pot so much, no babysitting necessary! I have the 6 quart and love it!
- There is so little mess when I use my Instant Pot, the deep insert makes sure that ground beef never spits onto my counter or my kitchen backsplash.
- Pressure cooking really breaks the ground beef down into a nice velvety texture.
Which Instant Pot should I use for this Hamburger Soup recipe?
We recommend a 6 qt or higher Instant Pot such as one of the ones below. Certainly, this recipe should work with any kind of pressure cooker or Instant Pot but during recipe testing, but these are the best.
The Best Pressure Cookers
Tips And Tricks for Making Amazing Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Use lean ground beef to cut down on the fat amount in the recipe.
- Ground turkey will also work in this recipe and then you have turkey hamburger soup! Just as good!
- Use the mixed frozen vegetables mix as using frozen vegetables will help them stay firm and not mushy during the cooking time.
- Always use the soup button when making soup.
- Make sure to listen and hear your Instant Pot SEAL and come to pressure. If you have a dirty seal or ring or anything it won’t seal and the soup can burn on the bottom of the stainless steel insert. Once you hear it seal ( the whistling sound of air will stop instantly, you’ll hear it) you can leave it and carry on with something else.
The Fast & Slow Team.
PIN this recipe to your Instant Pot Recipes Boards & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
- Instant Pot
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 tsp white sugar if your tomatoes are too acidic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni cooked
- Fry the ground beef and onions together in the metal cooking pot in your Instant Pot using the “saute” function on your Instant Pot until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and fry until brown. Drain the fat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables and pepper.
- To cook immediately, press the soup button, seal the Instant Pot, close the vent and cook for 45 minutes. Let it naturally release – you can manually release but for safety’s sake I don’t recommend it.
- Remove the bay leaves. Stir in the cooked macaroni and let it warm up. Ladle into bowls and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.