Making cinnamon rolls in the air fryer is probably our favorite thing to use our air fryer for! Crispy on the outside with a tender crumbed, cinnamon-filled interior, air fryer cinnamon buns are a fabulous start to your morning!
If you are looking for more air fryer breakfast recipes, try our air fryer canned biscuits, air fryer hard-boiled eggs or frozen pancakes in the air fryer.
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in an Air Fryer
There are two different ways that you can make cinnamon rolls in your air fryer.
First, you can chose to place them directly on your baking rack like shown in the photo below:
Placing the rolls onto the baking rack or in your air fryer basket like this means that they will bake faster, have crispy edges and will be “separate” buns more than the next way of making them.
The other way that you can make them is to grease a round pan that fits into your air fryer
(we find that a small 8 inch round pan is perfect) and then place the raw cinnamon roll dough into the pan like shown.
When you bake the cinnamon rolls in the pan, they take longer to cook in the middle, so a lower temperature and a watchful eye is needed as the top might brown too fast, but then you have a delicious pan of air fryer cinnamon rolls to frost up with the icing that’s included!
Which Type of Cinnamon Rolls to Use
We like the Pillsbury Grands as shown in the photo, but you can also make the smaller ones that yield more cinnamon buns. Using the smaller rolls means that they will fit differently into the pan however and you will have to adjust the baking time and watch to see when they brown up.
The Fast and Slow Cooking Team
PIN this recipe to your Air Fryer Recipes Board & FOLLOW US ON Pinterest
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Breakfast, Dessert
- air fryer
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls dough
- Preheat your air fryer to 250 °F.
- Get out an 8-inch round pan (this also fits in most basket air fryers that are square). Spray with cooking spray.
- Open the canned biscuits and separate them. Place into the pan as shown.
- Bake in the air fryer for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and baked inside. Air fryers tend to cook the outside fast and the inside slowly, so the lower temperature for longer helps these bake inside as well as out. Play with the temperature on your air fryer to learn where it's the best for baked goods.
- Remove and cool while getting the icing ready.
- Heat the icing container until the icing is liquid enough to drizzle, then drizzle on top of the cinnamon buns. Serve warm.
- Nutrition values will depend on brand and size of cinnamon buns you choose to make
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag us @fastandslowcooking or hashtag it #fastandslowcooking.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip