Meat Lover’s Rejoice With This Meat-Lover’s Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce!
Raise your hand if you are the type of person that loves the Meat Lover’s pizza, or Meat Lover’s Breakfast Skillet. Did you raise your hand? Then this slow cooker spaghetti sauce is for YOU! This slow cooker spaghetti sauce cooks low and slow all day while you are gone, simply make pasta when you get home and you have a hot, amazing dinner!
Which Slow Cooker should I use to Make Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce?
For this slow cooker spaghetti sauce recipe, we recommend a 6-8 quart oval shaped crockpot (slow cooker) such as the one pictured below. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, this one affords the right amount of space for just the right amount of food. This is a large capacity crockpot at 8 quarts – if you are serious about slow cooking then this baby is affordable, has amazing reviews and is beautiful!
You can easily find this crockpot on Amazon here if you currently don’t own one and would like to purchase it.
Our top 3 Crockpot accessories that are worth the money
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (Pack of 8)
- Non-Stick Roasting Rack for Oval 6×9 Crockpots
- Meat Shredding Claws for Pulled Pork, etc.
Tips & Tricks for Making Amazing Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- The sugar is actually important for taste. Tomatoes and tomato products are very acidic and you need the sugar to mellow it out a bit. It adds another taste level to the sauce, for sure!
- You can use almost any type of Italian sausage that you want to! If you want it spicy use your favourite spicy Italian sausage.
- To make it even spicier add some red pepper flakes!
Karlynn and Mike
Don’t forget to follow Fast and Slow Cooking on Facebook
If you are on Twitter, give us a follow @FastandSlowCook
Join us here on Instagram as well!
This amazing meat lover's slow cooker spaghetti sauce cooks low and slow allll day long, resulting in an amazingly delicious spaghetti sauce!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onions until they are soft and translucent. Add in the Italian sausage and fry until the sausage is browned, about another 10 minutes.
Place the sausage and onions in your slow cooker.
In the same skillet, add the ground beef, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and marjoram. Cook until the meat is browned, making sure to break the beef into chunks ( this will be in your sauce remember). Drain and place the ground beef into the slow cooker.
Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano and sugar.Set your slow cooker on low and cook the sauce for 10 hours. Serve over your favourite spaghetti noodle or other pasta!