Cooking Italian sausage in the air fryer is the fastest and easiest way to cook it – and it also happens to be one of the most delicious! The air fryer crisps up the outside, letting the inside sausage meat cook to a juicy, tender perfection!
Italian Sausage in the Air Fryer
Not only is this a great fast low-carb lunch that is one of our favorites, this is an easy dinner that cooks up in under 20 minutes! While it's cooking you can make your starch and veggies to go alongside it, or just eat them in buns with all the fixings.
How to Cook Italian Sausage in the Air Fryer
It really doesn't get easier than this!
If you need a model that needs preheating ( not all do!) preheat the air fryfer to 365°F. You don't want it much hotter than that, or the outside will cook way before the inside does!
Remove the sausages from their packaging and lay in a single layer on the wire baking rack in the air fryer. Leave space between them so that the air can circulate properly.
Cook for 7-8 minutes on one side, then flip and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and they are crispy and bronwed on the outside!
Remove and serve.
Air Fryer Italian Sausage Tips & Tricks
- Do NOT pierce the sausages! They will lose all their moisture and end up dry, and you will have a bottom full of grease!
- Always start with a clean air fryer to prevent smoke.
- I don't recommend anything in the bottom to prevent smoke other than a small amount of water. Anything else interferes with air circulation.
Let us know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought! And we will leave you with this final question:
Are you team plain, or are you team bun?
The Fast and Slow Team
Make sure to pin this to your AIR FRYER RECIPES boards and follow us on Pinterest!
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Prep Time
- 1 minute
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Main Course
- air fryer
- Fast & Slow Cooking
- 3-4 uncooked Italian sausages
- If needed, preheat your air fryer. Place the sausages into the air fryer in a single layer, then place the basket into your air fryer.
- Cook at 365° F for 8 minutes, then turn the sausages over. Keep cooking for another 6-7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove and plate. Ler rest for 4-5 minutes then serve as-is or in buns with all the fixings!
- There are so many different flavors of Italian sausage that nutritional values on this will not be accurate. Check your packaging for the info.
- This works well with any type of Italian sausage, so make your favorite!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.