This Crockpot Apple Pulled Pork is a surprisingly delicious slow cooker meal! If you love applesauce with pork you are going to love this recipe!
Crockpot Apple Pulled Pork is for the apple lovers!
My dad is the person that introduced me to applesauce and pork, so it’s thanks to him that this delicious slow cooker pork recipe came to be! I had apple juice and a pork roast, so naturally I thought why not pair the two of them together in the slow cooker? It worked like a charm! I wanted to make a pulled pork recipe that was delicious, but wasn’t all saucy/BBQ saturated flavour.
What kind of roast do I used for pulled pork?
Any fatty pork roast will do! You don’t want to use a ham, that’s a different meat entirely. You want a butt roast or a shoulder roast that has a large amount of fat. The fat will break down and leave you with delicious shredded pork.
Which Crockpot should I use for this recipe?
For this recipe, we recommend a 6-8 quart oval shaped crockpot (slow cooker) such as the one pictured below. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, this one affords the right amount of space for just the right amount of food.
You can easily find this crockpot on Amazon here if you currently don’t own one and would like to purchase it.
Our top 3 Crockpot accessories that are worth the money
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (Pack of 8)
- Non-Stick Roasting Rack for Oval 6×9 Crockpots
- Meat Shredding Claws for Pulled Pork, etc.
Crockpot Apple Pulled Pork Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to get a fatty pork roast or the end result will be too dry.
- You have to cook these types of pork roasts low and slow! Allow for all day cooking and by the time it’s done you will have a perfect crockpot apple pulled pork.
- You can use the juices left in the crockpot with the pork and serve it on top. I wouldn’t make it into a gravy but simple drizzle some on top when serving. It has a great apple taste!
Don’t forget to follow Fast and Slow Cooking on Facebook
If you are on Twitter, give us a follow @FastandSlowCook
Join us here on Instagram as well!
This Crockpot Apple Pulled Pork is perfect for when you don't want a strong BBQ flavoured pulled pork. The lovely apple taste will get you rave reviews!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 4lb pork shoulder or butt roast
- 1 large red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sweetened apple juice
- 2 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp melted honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet, then fry the roast until browned. Place in the bottom of a crockpot.
Place the onion around the roast. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients, then pour over the roast.
Cover with tinfoil, then place the lid on top. Cook all day on low, until the roast is falling apart and pulls apart easily.
Serve with the onions and a little bit of the sauce if wanted.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods etc.
Pin This Recipe to Your Crockpot Dinners Board!