Slow Cooker Stuffing is your sanity saviour for a holiday meal, or heck even just a Sunday turkey dinner. I love that you put it into the crockpot in the morning and by the time your turkey is ready, your stuffing is as well. I don’t stuff my turkeys, I prefer to make the stuffing on the side and this is the perfect way to make it!
Apple Sausage Slow Cooker Stuffing is Fast & Easy!
This is going to save you time, oven space and your sanity while you are making a holiday meal. Whether it’s Christmas, Thanksgiving or a big Easter dinner, knowing how to make slow cooker stuffing is going to make cooking that holiday dinner just that much easier. You can start it around 5 hours before you want your dinner to be ready and set the slow cooker out of the way so you have more counter space to prep your other dishes for the meal. Not only that, this slow cooker stuffing was moist and delicious without being soggy.
Which Crockpot should I use to Make Slow Cooker Stuffing?
For making slow cooker stuffing you are going to need a LARGE crockpot so we recommend a 6-8 quart oval shaped crockpot (slow cooker) such as the one pictured below. While this recipe will certainly work in other styles, this one affords the right amount of space for just the right amount of food. This is a large capacity crockpot at 8 quarts – if you are serious about slow cooking then this baby is affordable, has amazing reviews and is beautiful!
You can easily find this crockpot on Amazon here if you currently don’t own one and would like to purchase it.
Our top 3 Crockpot accessories that are worth the money
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (Pack of 8)
- Non-Stick Roasting Rack for Oval 6×9 Crockpots
- Meat Shredding Claws for Pulled Pork, etc.
Tips & Tricks for Making Amazing Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Make sure that you fully cook the onions before you add them! Onions are notorious for staying hard and not cooking unless they are cooked in the frying pan fully!
- You can use almost any type of sausage that you want to! If you want it spicy use your favourite spicy Italian sausage.
- Don’t skip the apple! It really makes this slow cooker stuffing sweet and savoury!
For more Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes try:
- Fully Loaded Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Rich & Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Nuts & Bolts Recipe
Karlynn and Mike
Don’t forget to follow Fast and Slow Cooking on Facebook . If you are on Twitter, give us a follow @FastandSlowCook Join us here on Instagram as well!
Pin This Recipe To Your Slow Cooker Sides Board!
Do you know how to make stuffing in your slow cooker? This apple sausage slow cooker stuffing is the perfect one to start with!
- 10 cups of cubed dry white bread
- 1 package of Andouille Sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups diced white onion
- 1 1/2 ups chopped celery
- 2 tbsp poultry spice
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cups large Golden Delicious apple approx. 1.5 diced peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp butter to grease crockpot
Grease a large 6 Qt/ 5.6 L s crockpot with 2-3 tbsp butter and set aside.
Place dried bread cubes in a very large bowl - my largest tupperware bowl did the trick. Chop up the sausage and place in with the bread cubes.
Cook the onions over medium heat in a large skillet in the two tbsp of butter until evenly cooked.
Add the celery, poultry seasoning, rosemary and parsley and cook for 4-5 minutes until the celery starts to soften.
Pour the onion mixture over the bread cubes in bowl. Mix in chopped apple..
Pour the chicken stock over the bread and toss the stuffing in the bowl, over and over until the stuffing is coasted and mixed. Try not to stir if possible.
Place into the greased crockpot. Cook on low for 5 hours.
Serve and enjoy!